The competition is open to all types of comedy performer - as well as stand-up comedians performers we welcome entries from sketch comedy groups, musical comedy, double acts, comedy cabaret performers and so on. They can be total amateurs telling a joke for the first time or someone who has been doing open mic stand up. They must not be a professional comedian - that is they must not make the majority of their income from stand up comedy.
Any act may enter unless:
- They are employed by Bell Aliant or any of its affiliate companies.
- An act makes the majority of their income from comedy performing.
- An act is considered by Bell Aliant not to be a new act.
- They were a province winner in the competition last year (it is fine for finalists to re-enter).
All acts who enter must be able to travel to the Final.
All acts must live in or be from Atlantic Canada. When entering you must be specific which province you are entering for – Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland. You must not enter in more than one province.
The date of the final is fixed so if you are going on holiday when the final is on, don't enter!
1. Acts must perform their own, original, material.
2. All material must be clean and TV friendly
3. Acts must stick to the allotted time for each round. (Under 3 minutes for the video, Under 8 minutes for the live final) Please note that Failure to adhere to competition rule 1, 2 or 3 will result in either points being deducted from audience voting or elimination from the competition. Comedy Boot Camp producers will decide what action to take in each separate case, and will take any action that they see fit, either on the night of the performance or afterwards.
4. Every act must agree to be filmed for TV broadcast at all stages of the competition.